This has been one heck of a week. We received the birth mother's decision about baby Jeremiah this week, and that was difficult. We were just starting to move past that and feel the comfort of the Holy Spirit telling us that everything happens for a reason, and things will all work out in the end. I still believe that, but tonight when we got home from having dinner with friends we found that our van had been stolen. It was a second vehicle, but we really need that van right now! I have class on the same night that the kids have their church activities, so Rob needs it to take the kids where they need to go. Hopefully some of our friends will be able to help us out until we can figure out what else to do, but this will be a challenge. I still have several weeks left in the semester, and I am still seeing clients in the evening each week as well. It's just so frustrating, and we feel so violated. I hate that people feel like they are entitled to just come up to our home and steel things from our vehicles and our property. We have had so many experiences with this type of thing. Last year on Mother's Day someone broke into Rob's work van and stole a bunch of his tools. They even stole the mother's day picture frames that Jacqui painted for me. She was heartbroken. We have had our rental property broken into twice, and we've had vehicles broken into 3 other times as well to steal radios or whatever. The kids are getting to the point where they don't feel safe. I hate this for them! They worry that these people will try to break into our house next. Luckily we have Jericho, so that's a big comfort to them at night. It's just sad. Kids get attached to vehicles and things, and they don't understand why someone feels like they can just take what isn't theirs to take.
Oh, how frustrating! We are simply fed up with this kind of thing!!! At least no one was hurt, and we still have our main van, but this is so wrong, and we are tired of it happening over and over again. Just when you start to forget about the previous theft another one happens. It's costly, and it's very hard emotionally as well! I don't know how we'll replace the van. It was our second vehicle, and it was 14 years old, so we only had liability on it. We're on our own to replace it. Even if it was covered by insurance we wouldn't get enough to buy a new van. Hopefully the Lord will see our need and provide a way for us to make it through this time where we are in need of a second vehicle.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
lots of hugs to you! that is heartening.. I know heavenly father takes care of us all.. even though we can't see it at the time. I pray that everything works out for you guys.. I don't know why people have to steel other people's car's ect.. it's just so sad.
Post a Comment