I went to a really great class tonight; actually I guess I need to say last night since it's past midnight as I'm writing this. The class was about talking to children about adoption. The teachers were Gail & Lynn who are both a lot of fun, and the topic was really interesting and the discussion from the group was good as well. There are a lot of different people that come to the trainings, and a lot of them are adoptive parents and/or foster parents, so they have a lot of valuable experience. I really enjoyed the class, but I have to admit that it was difficult not to think about Jeremiah being in the same building as we were in. He was only 1 or 2 floors up. So close, yet so far. I can't wait to see him, to know what he looks like, to hold him. I really hope we get selected to be his parents. It's hard not to love him already.
Rob is trying to stay objective. I can tell that he doesn't want to get attached because he's afraid it won't happen. I can understand that completely, but I am a person who gets really excited and attached easily. I think I will be okay if we end up not getting selected. I know I will be a little sad, and I will probably cry a little bit, but I will be okay. I trust in the Lord, and I'm letting him lead us in this.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment