I am thankful for so many things. I have covered many of them already, but here are some more:
1) I am thankful for the ability that we have as humans to learn. When I was 4 years old I was anxious to start school like my big brother. I was so anxious in fact, that my parents had me take a test to allow me to start school a year early. I missed the cutoff for Kindergarten that year since I have a late birthday. I was allowed to start Kindergarten, and formal education has continued to play an important part in my life, as I am still in Grad School. Although, to be honest, I cannot wait to get this dissertation done with so that I can be done with my PhD. That will most likely be it for me. However, there are many other ways to learn than in a classroom, and I enjoy those as well... from people, from books, from almost anywhere. I will continue to learn throughout my life. We came here to learn and grow and for that I am truly thankful!
2) This one goes along with my previous post... I am thankful for books. I love to read! Reading can open up new worlds to us and allow us to explore things that we may never be able to explore otherwise.
3) I am thankful for our home. We truly love it here. We love having a little piece of land where we can let the kids run and play and do bon-fires. So many people in the world do not even have a place to call their own. I think that sometimes we forget just how blessed we are.
4) I am thankful for movies. I love to watch movies! They are fun and can bring stories to life. They can convey emotions and allow one to gain insight into their own lives. They can also be light and fun and allow one to laugh.
5) I am thankful for our cars. When I take the time to think about how people used to have to get around, or about how some people still have to get around it makes me feel truly blessed.
6) I am thankful for Temples. I feel so blessed to live so close to one. There is no place where one can go to feel closer to the Lord than in the Temple. I am thankful for the blessings that can come into ones' life from going to the Temple as well. Families can be together forever!
7) I am thankful for crafting! I love to learn new skills and develop new hobbies. I am not the best at everything that I do, but I am not afraid to try. I have done many things: painting, modge podging, sewing, scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, etc. So much fun, and what a wonderful feeling to create something that can be used or that is beautiful to look at.


No comments:
Post a Comment