Sunday, November 18, 2012

Week 3: Gratitude Posts

Week three:


1. I am thankful for my aunts, uncles, and cousins. We moved so much when I was growing up, but I had a lot of fun visiting with my family when we came to visit. I love each of you in your own ways. I haven't done the best job keeping in touch with all of my cousins, and some of us have drifted apart as our families have changed, but I am thankful for the memories that we shared. Tina & Angie, you two are the ones who we have stayed the closes to, and I just have to say that I love both of you very much. Tina, I always looked up to you & thought you were so beautiful. You still are, inside & out. I remember going shopping with you and spending the night at your house when I was younger. It was so much fun, and I felt so grown up! I love you Tina! Angie, you are amazing to me. You are so brave and so strong. You are an example of someone who was able to surrender and overcome something that so many cannot! You are so creative and kind, and you too are beautiful inside and out. I love you girl!

2. I am thankful for friends! I have been blessed in my life with some true friends. You all know who you are. Some friends come into our lives for a season, and others stay and change with you as life does. I am thankful for all of you. You have been my confidants, my biggest supporters, and most importantly you have been there to help make life fun! I love each of you!

3. I am thankful for my dog, Jericho. He is a giant, but he's a baby at heart. He drives me crazy sometimes, but I love him so much! No one loves you like your dog.

4. I am thankful for the earth that we live on. It is beautiful, majestic, and mysterious- mountains, desserts, open plains... It is all amazing! I hope to travel and see more of this great world on one day. I also love the changes of the seasons. My favorite is autumn, but they are all special in their own ways.

5. I am thankful for music. I cannot imagine my life without music. It can uplift. It can give cathartic release by expressing the way that you are feeling in a way that you never could. It can make you smile and make you want to dance. It can remind you of people who have touched your life in different ways or of places that you have visited. There are so many different types of music, and I love that! I love everything from Steven Tyler with the scream that he puts into his song to Tammy Wynette and Patsy Cline with the stories that they tell in their songs.

6. I am thankful for food. Of course our bodies need it for nourishment, but it can also be so much fun. I don't particularly like to cook (although baking can be fun), but I sure appreciate the beauty of food. It makes life so much more enjoyable.

7. I am thankful for hot water that comes right into my house and into my bathtub. Add a few bubbles in, a good book, and maybe some candles & ahhh, instant relaxation!




No comments: