Sunday, November 11, 2012
Week 2: Gratitude Posts
Week 2 of my gratitude posts- I am still expressing thanks for my family this week. There is so much to be thankful for in life, and I could have rolled all of you up into one by just saying that I am thankful for my family, but you are all so special. Family is first in my book, so I wanted to take this time to let each of you know how much I love you and why:
1) I am thankful for my Dad. Growing up, everyone knew that I was a Daddy's girl. He seemed superhuman to me & to this day no one has ever made me feel more safe. Dads just have the ability to do that. My dad did his best to do a better job than his parents did, but he was not a perfect man. Still, I am thankful that I have him as my dad. He always let me know that I was loved & that he was proud of me. I love and miss you Dad. One day we will meet again and what a joyous reunion that will be!
2) I am thankful for my Step-dad, Dwight Berger. He came into the family and made my mom smile, and she has been smiling ever since. He also came in and didn't try to take on the roll of dad; he just tried to be a friend. Now I am proud to have him as both a dad and a friend. I love you Dwight!
3) I am thankful for each of my children. Each time that they came into my life my heart grew even more. I didn't know my heart could hold so much love until I became a mom. Cody is an amazing son. He is faithful, giving, loving, and he puts his heart into everything that he does. He truly tries to help us (and others) and make life easier for us. When he sees that someone need help he always pitches in. Sports are his passion, but he is also smart, and he never gives up! I love you Cody! Jacqui is such a joy. She has a wonderful sense of humor that catches me off guard. I love that about her. She's sassy like me & funny like her dad! She's smart, witty, kind, and giving. She's creative and has a special spot in her heart for animals. She loves to do things with her younger siblings, especially when she has the chance to teach them how to do a craft. I love you Jacq! Carissa is such a sweet girl. She has a beautiful smile that lights up a room. Her dimples were literally visible at birth. Carissa is quiet and timid at first, but she is very loving and kind. She is always there to give me a hug or a kiss, and she has always been a little mother to Clark, which has been so sweet to see. She makes friends easily. She is very smart and loves to read. She is an angel in my life. I love you Carissa! Clark is my youngest, and he will always be my baby- even if he doesn't like it when I tell him that. Clark has been a ball of energy from the moment he became mobile. He has always kept us on our toes, but he also shows a lot of love. He loves music, and I love to watch him sing along with songs and dance. I look forward to seeing him grow into the man that he will become. I love you Clark!
4) I am thankful for my siblings & step-siblings. You are all unique and fun in your own ways. I wouldn't trade any of you. We are one large, crazy, loud family, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We don't always agree with one another, but we respect each others' differences and support each other no matter what. To all of my step-siblings- you are all so much fun to be around. I couldn't ask for more a more fun bunch. You don't get to pick your family, but I would have picked each of you. Love you & I wish we could see each other more often! Then, Joe, you are my only big brother. I have always looked up to you. Over the years, I have wished that spent more time together, but I think that we've found our way. I know that you care. I can't tell you how much it meant for me to look up in the crowd when I graduated with my Masters and see you there. Literally brought tears to my eyes! I love you so much, and I hope that you know that! Christy, you and I have always been the ones who could be at each other's throats one minute and best friends the next. Still, whether we were hugging or fighting I hope you know that I loved you every minute. I hope you know that I have always had your back & I always will! It has been so much fun to watch you become a mother, and I love that you call on me for advice sometimes. I am always here for you!!! I know that we will likely rub each other the wrong way from time to time, but I love that we talk it through and get over it quickly. One thing that you can say about us Duvall girls is that we don't hold grudges (thank goodness for that). :) John, it's so hard to talk about you. You are everyone's favorite (& it's just not fair. LOL!). Seriously, though, John I love you so much. I have loved you from the moment that you were born. It has been a pleasure to watch you grow up, and I am so glad that Rob and I were able to have you over to our house so much when you were growing up. I've felt like a bit of a second mom to you over the years. You have always held such a special place in my heart! You are no longer, my little Johnny. You are now a grown man who will soon have two little girls of your own. I hope you know how proud I am of the man that you have become. You are going to be an amazing father. I love you John! Miss Kaylee Anna (I know it's really Anne :), you are such a sweet girl! You are so caring, and you are so much fun. I love your sense of humor and your style. You pick out the cutest outfits! I love you very much. I wish we could spend more time together! I really do. I know that you think I am busy with my own kiddos (and at times I am), but I wish you wanted to come over and hang out more. I know you are a teen with your own life, though, so feel free to call or text me anytime. Then there's Jacob! You are cute and sweet. I love to see you playing with Rissa & Clark. I love getting hugs from you, even if I have to fight you for them!
5) I am thankful for all of my in-laws. You are all so much fun to be around & have made wonderful additions to our family. All of you have made my siblings happy, and I love you for that. I consider all of you brothers & sisters, not just in-laws! I am also thankful for the family that I married into, especially my husband's parents who have always welcomed me into the family. I love all of you! P.S. Alecia, come back... :)
6) I am thankful for my neices and nephews. You are all beautiful (or handsome), smart, fun, and unique in your own ways, and I love watching you grow. I am always here if any of you need to talk, text, or come hang out!
7) I am thankful for my grandparents. I was blessed to have been able to meet and spend time with all 4 of my grandparents, and even a great-grandmother. They all touched my life in different ways, and I am so happy that I have the memories that I shared with each of them. I miss all of your hugs & your wisdom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment