



Ok, I made him do the muscle pose, but look at those biceps. What happened to my little boy?Cody's first meet went well. He competed in the long jump. He didn't jump as far as he had been in practice. It was around 17 feet, but he was pretty nervous. I think he'll get more relaxed as he goes. He ended up missing the opportunity to compete in the 100 meter because when the names were called he was doing the long jump. It seems like things weren't organized all that well, and this was Cody's first meet, so he wasn't sure what to do. I didn't know what to do either. I had 5 kids with me, and I was trying to get everyone snacks, and a few of the kids had to go to the bathroom. I heard different things announced over a loud speaker, but it was not all that clear, and apparently the boys over at the long jump area couldn't hear things very well at all. Elaine and her kids came to watch Cody too. It was a bit of a bummer because we did not get to see him run, but it was nice to visit, and everyone was fine with it.
Cody has another meet on Wednesday and possibly another meet on Saturday as well. He was told that he will be competing in a relay race this time in addition to the long jump and the 100 meter. He will be in the position of anchor, so he will be the last runner. This spot is typically given to someone who is fast, so Cody is excited that he was chosen for that. Hopefully things run a bit more smoothly for his second meet. I will know to look for the long jump area first this time. lol. I didn't know that the first time around. I went directly to the track, so I missed seeing him do the long jump. :( Anyway, I couldn't be prouder of Cody, and I know he is going to continue to give it his all. I think he has a lot of potential with track. Can't wait to see his meet on Wednesday (tomorrow :)



No comments:
Post a Comment