Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Week 5: Gratitude Posts
It has been fun jotting down the things that I am thankful for this past November. It has helped me to realize how truly blessed I am, whether the blessing is large or small I am so grateful to have it. I plan to keep up the gratitude by continuing with my personal gratitude journal. Count your blessings... name them one by one...
1) I am thankful for my health, my ability to live and breathe and function as I am able. This is truly an amazing gift, and I believe that it is one that we often take for granted until something happens to us or to a loved one. Then when it does happen, we realize that our health is one of the most precious gifts that we have; without it, it is often difficult to enjoy any of the other gifts that we perhaps valued more in the past.
2) I am thankful for clothing. It is a necessity, but it can also make life fun. We can express our personalities with different color and style choices. So much fun!
3) I am thankful for this holiday season that we are in. It is such a lovely time of year. I often feel overwhelmed with all of the business of the season, but I always try to take the time to relax and enjoy celebrating what is truly important at this time of year. Keeping Christ at the center of Christmas is so important. Family togetherness, celebrating our Savior.
4) I am thankful for the power of prayer. We have had a lot going on this month, a lot of challenges and trials to face, but each time I would pray I would always get a feeling of comfort. I wasn't sure how things would work out, but I knew that they would. What a blessing! I don't know how I would have made it through without the power of prayer and the Spirit that it brings.
5) I am thankful for my job. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to counsel with individuals during difficult times in their lives. I have such respect for my clients who trust me with their most personal truths, and I always pray that the Lord will guide me and help me to truly be present with them and able to help guide them to where they want to be.
6) I am thankful for nail polish. I know it sounds simple and trivial, but being able to appreciate the small things in life makes life so much sweeter. Getting (or even giving myself) a manicure or a pedicure brightens my mood instantly. I love to look down at my fingers and toes and see that little pop of polished color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment