Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving- Pies with Christy

We have so much to be thankful for this year, and as Thanksgiving has been approaching I have really been trying to take the time to sit and ponder on what we have instead of the things that would be nice to have. I have been posting about something that I am thankful for every day until Thanksgiving on Facebook, and that has been a lot of fun- in addition to causing me to pause and count my blessings. We also did a Family Home Evening lesson where we had everyone write down what we are thankful for and put the papers in a bowl. Then we drew them out and discussed them. We had the missionaries over for dinner that night, so they joined in on our Family Home Evening as well, which made it extra fun. Some of the more popular themes were being thankful for our family, for the gospel, Jesus, Heavenly Father, and our pets. We also had some say that they were thankful for material comforts, health, the knowledge that we learn from reading, for funny stories (who doesn't love a good funny story?), etc.

We also do this thing every night at dinner, called 'best & worst,' which is where we tell the best and worst parts of our day, and we decided to change our Sunday 'best & worst' to 'grateful Sundays' where we each share something that we are grateful for.

Everyone is doing pretty well in our family right now. It would take me forever to recap everything that has happened since my last post, so I won't go over everything. I will just try to post more often next time. Much love to our family & friends who read this. We are thankful for YOU! :)

We made pies at Aunt Christy's today. It was so much fun! Can't wait to eat them tomorrow!








And what fun is any family activity without a little playing around with Uncle John?!



Carissa and Clark made 'Thankful Trees' at church. This one is Carissa's, and she was thankful for God, Mom, her home, her teachers, Dad, and her pets. So sweet! I am thankful that my kids are taking the time to think about what they are grateful for:


Clark said that he was thankful for his "family, family, FAMILY!" Love that! We are thankful for him too!

Carissa and Clark made these turkey hand-prints at school. I just love them! The poems say: This isn't just a turkey, as anyone can see, I made it with my hand, which is a part of me, it comes with lots of love, especially to say, I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!



Clark came home from school one day, after the Thanksgiving Feast that they had, wearing this adorable turkey hat. He almost looked cute enough to gobble up!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love,
The Dixon Family

No comments: